Saturday, February 04, 2012

Update time!

Well I have to say that I did know myself well enough to know that I would never keep this up everyday ... but I won't let it totally fall by the wayside either!

In total, I've lost 9.6 lbs and as of this morning I was 164.2 lbs.  That's pretty awesome considering I've basically gone on autopilot and stopped thinking about the mechanics of my diet as much.

In general ... I feel amazing!  If I was smart enough to go to bed at night instead of being Ms. Social, I don't think I'd ever feel tired!  I've just got more "get up and go" ... I find myself motivated to take the stairs at work more often and playing more physically with my kids (we just got back from sledding!). 

I eat a lot of eggs, tuna, meat in general (pork chops, steak, stirfry strips, bacon, chicken), nuts, yogurt, lower glycemic fruit, cheese, veggies (I eat a TON of veggies!) ... and I occasionally eat non-gluten carbs such as brown rice or gluten free pizza.  For the most part, I avoid starchy carbs all together, because I've seen and felt the effect they have on my body.  Any large amount of carbs (even if they're not wheat based) cause a blood sugar crash three hours later that would make a shark in chum filled waters look tame!  When I do indulge, I try to have a good solid protein based snack on hand so break the cycle the first time the sugar plummet hits.  Generally, on a daily basis my diet does NOT include rice, potatoes, pasta, bread in any form, sugar, cereal including oatmeal, muffins, cookies etc.  I know it sounds bad, but really, I don't miss it much.  The few gluten free indulgences I've had have done the trick, and for someone who used to CRAVE food, any carb in sight really ... the lack of hunger and cravings is really quite remarkable!

Sample daily menu ...

Breakfast:
1 c of berries (raspberries, strawberries and wildberries) with about 1/2 c Activia vanilla yogurt (I wanted the active bacteria and looked for the lowest carb count) with my version of "granola" ... 1 tbsp of unsweetened coconut, 1 tbsp of chopped walnuts, 1 tbsp of slivered almonds and a tsp of ground flax

Lunch:
1 c of tuna, mixed with two chopped hard boiled eggs, a stalk or two of choppped celery, pepper and a couple tbsps of full fat mayo ... with carrot sticks/cucumbers/peppers etc

Supper:
Stirfry whatever veggies I have on hand with some steak or chicken add some soya sauce and chicken stock and enjoy or veggies and canned tomatoes with chicken pieces baked in the oven or any meat with a huge salad (no croutons)

Anyway ... that's all for now!
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment